Take one all-American patty and load it up Pennsylvania-style with French fries, oil-and-vinegar coleslaw and tomatoes on thick-sliced Italian bread.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices Italian bread, lightly toasted
- Tomato slices
- Hot French-fried potatoes
- Deli oil-and-vinegar coleslaw
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your thumb. Brush both sides of patties with oil.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve between Italian bread with toppings. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Primanti's-Style Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Primanti's-Style Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2014
"I skipped the fries and used the sourdough bread instead. Very good with coleslaw. Quick dinner!"