Take one all-American patty and load it up Pennsylvania-style with French fries, oil-and-vinegar coleslaw and tomatoes on thick-sliced Italian bread.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices Italian bread, lightly toasted
- Tomato slices
- Hot French-fried potatoes
- Deli oil-and-vinegar coleslaw
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your thumb. Brush both sides of patties with oil.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve between Italian bread with toppings. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Primanti's-Style Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Primanti's-Style Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2014
"I skipped the fries and used the sourdough bread instead. Very good with coleslaw. Quick dinner!"