Priceless BBQ Ribs
The combination of seasonings and a mouth-watering barbecue sauce makes these ribs unforgettable. —Edgar Wright, New Orleans, Louisiana
5 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours + standing Grill: 5 min.
- 16 cups water
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (2-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup onion powder
- 1/3 cup seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- In a stock pot, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 30 minutes. Drain and discard
- cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce ingredients. Brush half
- of sauce over ribs. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 4-5
- minutes or until heated through, basting with remaining barbecue
- sauce. Yield: 5 servings.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as