- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 18 slices pepperoni
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, divide one loaf of bread dough in half. Press over the bottom and up the sides or two 9-in. greased pie plates. Sprinkle each pie with 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Divide beef mixture and spoon over cheese. Top with pepperoni and mushrooms.
- Divide remaining loaf of bread; form into two 10-in. circles. Cover each pie with dough; crimp edges to seal.
- Spread half of the pizza sauce onto each pie. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes. Yield: 12-16 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now