Pretzels with Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- Coarse salt
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the butter, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Divide into 12 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 15-in. long strip; twist into a pretzel shape.
- In a large non-aluminum stockpot, bring water to a boil; add baking soda. Drop two pretzels into water; boil for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain. Place on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle with coarse salt. Repeat for each pretzel.
- Bake at 475° for 10-12 minutes. Remove from pan to wire racks to cool.
- For dip, combine cheeses in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in milk. Serve pretzels with cheese dip and mustard. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Pretzels with Cheese Dip(4)
Sort By :
These were delicious, they taste better than the kind you buy at the mall. Very easy to make
These were amazing! My whole family gobbled them up in a day! They taste like the read deal pretzels, not anything like the ones you can buy. Perfect for every occasion, I would definitely make again!
Thanks gaylerene... I was partial to no Baking soda myself going to give it a try with out
I don't care for the soda flavor that remains on the pretzels so I boiled these in plain water and got a great result.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >