Pretzel Wreaths Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt or colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add 2 cups flour, sugar and salt. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 3. Divide dough into 16 portions. Roll each portion into a 15-in. rope. Fold each rope in half and twist two or three times; shape into a circle and pinch ends together.
- 4. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with salt or sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Yield: 16 pretzels.
1 each: 119 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Pretzel Wreaths
"Whenever i make these, the wreaths dont look like they do on the picture. But overall, the recipe itself is great:)"