Pretzel Wreaths Recipe
Youngsters love to lend a hand with this recipe. Our two girls help me measure, pour, stir, shape…and, of course, eat the chewy pretzel rounds when they're done! —Roberta Spieker, Fort Collins, Colorado
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt or colored sugar
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add 2 cups flour, sugar and salt. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Divide dough into 16 portions. Roll each portion into a 15-in. rope. Fold each rope in half and twist two or three times; shape into a circle and pinch ends together.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with salt or sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Yield: 16 pretzels.
Originally published as Pretzel Wreaths in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p46
Reviews for Pretzel Wreaths(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2010
Whenever i make these, the wreaths dont look like they do on the picture. But overall, the recipe itself is great:)