Pretzel Turkey Treats Recipe
Get your kids in the Turkey Day spirit. Have them help you put together these well-seasoned treats. With colorful pretzel-based tails, they make great edible favors. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- 9 circus peanut candies
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- 24 candy eyeballs
- 6 chocolate-covered thin mints
- 12 large sourdough pretzels
- 36 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 1. Using kitchen scissors, cut feathers and 12 wattles from fruit rolls. Cut three circus peanuts crosswise in half. Cut 24 turkey feet from remaining circus peanuts.
- 2. Reserve 12 butterscotch chips for beaks. In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup of the remaining chips; stir until smooth. Using melted chips, attach two candy eyeballs, a wattle and a beak to each halved circus peanut. Repeat, using thin mints for heads.
- 3. Place a pretzel on a waxed paper-lined microwave-safe plate. Place a chocolate kiss in each of the three holes. Microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until melted. While still warm, arrange feathers in a fan shape over pretzel, pressing gently into melted chocolate to adhere. Repeat with remaining pretzels and kisses.
- 4. Melt remaining butterscotch chips. Using melted chips, attach a vanilla wafer to each pretzel for body; attach heads. Attach circus peanut pieces for feet. Let stand until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving: 283 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Pretzel Turkey Treats
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC