Pretzel Turkey Treats
Get your kids in the Turkey Day spirit. Have them help you put together these well-seasoned treats. With colorful pretzel-based tails, they make great edible favors.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 2 hours + standing
- 6 Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- 9 circus peanut candies
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- 24 candy eyeballs
- 6 chocolate-covered thin mints
- 12 large sourdough pretzels
- 36 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 12 vanilla wafers
- Using kitchen scissors, cut feathers and 12 wattles from fruit rolls.
- Cut three circus peanuts crosswise in half. Cut 24 turkey feet from
- remaining circus peanuts.
- Reserve 12 butterscotch chips for beaks. In a microwave, melt 1/2 cup
- of the remaining chips; stir until smooth. Using melted chips,
- attach two candy eyeballs, a wattle and a beak to each halved circus
- peanut. Repeat, using thin mints for heads.
- Place a pretzel on a waxed paper-lined microwave-safe plate. Place a
- chocolate kiss in each of the three holes. Microwave on high for
- 15-20 seconds or until melted. While still warm, arrange feathers in
- a fan shape over pretzel, pressing gently into melted chocolate to
- adhere. Repeat with remaining pretzels and kisses.
- Melt remaining butterscotch chips. Using melted chips, attach a
- vanilla wafer to each pretzel for body; attach heads. Attach circus