Friends with whom I've shared this recipe say it's their favorite way to serve sweet potatoes. I like to make it for brunch as a colorful go-with dish. The mingled sweet, tart and salty tastes are an unusual treat. —Sue Mallory, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups chopped pretzel rods (about 13)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 can (2-1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes until smooth. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla and remaining butter; beat until well blended.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with pretzel mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are bubbly. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Pretzel-Topped Sweet Potatoes in Country Woman September/October 2005, p39
Reviews for Pretzel-Topped Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review