- 2 cups chopped pretzel rods (about 13)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 can (2-1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes until smooth. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla and remaining butter; beat until well blended.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with pretzel mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are bubbly. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Pretzel-Topped Sweet Potatoes
"Too much topping. We did not care for the cranberries with the sweet potatoes."
"I made this last year and received rave reviews. I used fresh sweet potatoes and this year I am using Gluten free pretzels in the topping. It really is a fantastic recipe"
"I tried this recipe about a year ago and everone raved about it. Since then I've tried several other sweet potatoe recipe on this site, all very tasty too; however, this is the BEST for how the ingredients compliment each other in taste and texture. Plus the eye candy presentation and inviting smell ranks this colorful tasty dish as a must have, to make our family festive Christmas meal complete. Thank You for sharing your delicious recipe."
"I loved these sweet potatoes!"
"This is AMAZING! For personal preference, I used boiled fresh sweet potatoes and cut the sugar a bit by reducing the brown sugar in the topping to 3/4 cup and the sugar in the potato to 1/4 cup. (Still a very sweet dish)!"