- 2 cups chopped pretzel rods (about 13)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 can (2-1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes until smooth. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla and remaining butter; beat until well blended.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with pretzel mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are bubbly. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forPretzel-Topped Sweet Potatoes
"Too much topping. We did not care for the cranberries with the sweet potatoes."
"I made this last year and received rave reviews. I used fresh sweet potatoes and this year I am using Gluten free pretzels in the topping. It really is a fantastic recipe"
"I tried this recipe about a year ago and everone raved about it. Since then I've tried several other sweet potatoe recipe on this site, all very tasty too; however, this is the BEST for how the ingredients compliment each other in taste and texture. Plus the eye candy presentation and inviting smell ranks this colorful tasty dish as a must have, to make our family festive Christmas meal complete. Thank You for sharing your delicious recipe."
"I loved these sweet potatoes!"
"This is AMAZING! For personal preference, I used boiled fresh sweet potatoes and cut the sugar a bit by reducing the brown sugar in the topping to 3/4 cup and the sugar in the potato to 1/4 cup. (Still a very sweet dish)!"
"This looks fabulous and tastes awesome. The cranberries add a sweet, tangy surprise and the pretzel rods, pecans, and brown sugar all add to the taste as well as presentation. A real winner that guests rave about and ask for the recipe!"
"Excellent recipe, great blend of flavors! Everybody loved it. I used fresh sweet potatos vs. can."
"AMAZING!!!! The best side dish I've made in awhile. The Sweet and Savory mixes so well with this. I served it on Sunday with some vistors and I had TONS of compliments on it!! Everyone was asking me for the squash recipe. (I let them know that it wasn't squash and they were shocked!). Thanks TOH for providing the best!!!!!!!!!"