Pretzel Strawberry Dessert Recipe
- 2-2/3 cups crushed pretzels (10 ounces)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1. In a bowl, combine the pretzels and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add water to pineapple juice if necessary to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until partially set. Stir in reserved pineapple and strawberries. Carefully spoon over filling. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 18 servings.
1 piece: 363 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pretzel Strawberry Dessert
"Would appreciate the instructions being written again. There are no instructions at all for the gelatin portion of the recipe!!"
"I did notice that the final instructions for the jello portion were incomplete and used another similar recipe to finish it up. I added 1/2 a pkg of Knox gelatin to the jello, then heated the 1 c. of pineapple juice and 1 c. of water to boiling and added it to the jello mixture. Then I added the partially thawed strawberries and the pineapple and put it in the refrig. to thicken. Two tips from another similar recipe: put the crust and cream cheese mixture in the freezer for a while to set faster, and make sure you have the cream cheese sealed all around the edge on top of the crust, so no jello sinks to the bottom. Also, make sure the jello is quite thick, almost spreadable."
"Whatever cherrylady did, she did it wrong! I made this and took it to church today and everyone raved about it and asked for the recipe. The pretzels were crunchy and the whole thing was DELISH!!!!GRANDMASUE"
"We did not enjoy this combination. The pretzels became soggy and tasted too buttery. The salt, cream cheese, and strawberry were an odd combination."