Pretzel Strawberry Dessert Recipe
I have prepared this wonderful flavored dessert for my family for many years. It is often requested for special gatherings.—Amy Olson, Lousville, Kentucky
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:18 servings
- 2-2/3 cups crushed pretzels (10 ounces)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1. In a bowl, combine the pretzels and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add water to pineapple juice if necessary to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until partially set. Stir in reserved pineapple and strawberries. Carefully spoon over filling. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 18 servings.
One serving equals 363 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 592 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC