I have prepared this wonderful flavored dessert for my family for many years. It is often requested for special gatherings.—Amy Olson, Lousville, Kentucky
- 2-2/3 cups crushed pretzels (10 ounces)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add water to pineapple juice if necessary to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until partially set. Stir in reserved pineapple and strawberries. Carefully spoon over filling. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Pretzel Dessert in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p47
Reviews for Pretzel Strawberry Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review