"I first served this snack when my husband's aunt came to visit and she asked for the recipe--even though she's in her 80s and lives in a convent," reports Elissa Armbruster of Medford, New Jersey. "She has since reported that all her fellow nuns enjoy it as much as we do! The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled."
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) sourdough pretzel nuggets
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place pretzels in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the dressing
- mix, oregano, lemon-pepper, dill weed, garlic powder and onion
- powder. Sprinkle over pretzels; toss gently to combine. Drizzle with
- oil; toss until well coated.
- Spread in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Stir and bake 5
- minutes longer. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
- Yield: 10 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 158 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 601 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.