Pretzel Jello Dessert Recipe
This is one of my mom's favorite desserts. The salty crust tastes so good with the sweet cream cheese filling. —Erin Frakes, Moline, IL
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:12-16 servings
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in whipped topping. Spread over pretzel crust. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. For topping, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water; chill until partially set. Carefully pour over filling. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 square) equals 299 calories, 16 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC