- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in whipped topping. Spread over pretzel crust. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water; chill until partially set. Carefully pour over filling. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Pretzel Jello Dessert
Sort By :
Very tasty! It reminds me of the pretzel crust dessert my mother makes. However, next time I make it I might cut back on the sugar. It was a little too sweet for me. I would probably add more pretzels for a thicker crust. My guests did not seem to mind. It was gone in and instant!
I make a similar version using a 6-oz pkg of Raspberry Jello and adding about 20-oz of frozen red raspberries. The frozen berries set-up the Jello fairly fast . This is a simple dessert for a potluck but won't withstand warm weather functions outdoors.
So quick and simple! We love this for a great summer treat.
Dont forget to add strawberries to the jello. Great recipe.
Great tasting. Really like the saltiness of the pretzel crust. However, DO NOT try to travel anywhere and bring this dessert along. The jello topping will shift and crack and open up the middle layer to melt relatively quickly. I made this mistake trying to bring it to a grill-out.