- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in whipped topping. Spread over pretzel crust. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water; chill until partially set. Carefully pour over filling. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Pretzel Jello Dessert
Sort By :
"Used 3 c. Pretzels before crushing, 2 T. Sugar, 1 stick butter for crust. 1/2 c. Sugar for filling (cool whip and cream cheese same). Mixed watermelon and strawberry/kiwi jolly rancher brand jellos. Turned out fabulous. Was a Big hit! Note: watch the jello. It sets totally solid too quickly!"
"This is so delicious! I just made it for the second time today and can't wait to serve it at my ladies luncheon tomorrow. The pretzel crust is the best! Thanks for sharing!"
"Add the frozen strawberries and you have the world renowned PRETZIL SALAD!!Everybody knows this! Cheats!!"
"Too salty for me. But otherwise everything was good. I think I would like graham crackers instead of pretzels."