- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in whipped topping. Spread over pretzel crust. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water; chill until partially set. Carefully pour over filling. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Pretzel Jello Dessert
Sort By :
"Too salty for me. But otherwise everything was good. I think I would like graham crackers instead of pretzels."
"I used 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs instead of pretzels. Did not have. I did add strawberries . Turned out great."
"Very tasty! It reminds me of the pretzel crust dessert my mother makes. However, next time I make it I might cut back on the sugar. It was a little too sweet for me. I would probably add more pretzels for a thicker crust. My guests did not seem to mind. It was gone in and instant!"
"I make a similar version using a 6-oz pkg of Raspberry Jello and adding about 20-oz of frozen red raspberries. The frozen berries set-up the Jello fairly fast . This is a simple dessert for a potluck but won't withstand warm weather functions outdoors."
"So quick and simple! We love this for a great summer treat."