Pretzel Horseshoes Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 5 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. Place two 5-in.-diameter bowls upside down in the center of two 9-in. round pans; coat bowls and pans with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt marshmallows and butter on high for 1 minute. Stir in pretzels. Quickly add chips; stir gently until coated. Divide mixture in half. Press one portion evenly into one prepared pan. Shape into a horseshoe by forming mixture around bowl, leaving a 4-in. opening at one end. Repeat with remaining mixture. Cool for 15 minutes.
- 3. Remove bowls. Run a knife around edges of pans to loosen. Invert each onto a serving platter. Reshape horseshoes by gently spreading sides apart to elongate if necessary. Cool completely. Yield: 2 horseshoes (14 servings each).
1 piece equals 154 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Pretzel Horseshoes
"I got rave reviews for these bars, but if I made them again I would make some changes. First, I used one full bag of pretzels, so next time I won't have to measure 5 cups of them crushed. I also used the 10 oz. bag of marshmallows, but I'm thinking I'll use the 16 oz. bag next time since these were a little dry for my liking. Finally, rather than do horseshoes, I dumped the whole mixture into a 13" x 9" pan and it was the perfect size!"
"We apologize that the description beside the photo incorrectly mentioned Rice Krispies instead of pretzels. It will be corrected soon.Also, we have reviewed the recipe again and decreased the marshmallows to a 10 ounce package and increased the pretzels to 5 cups. This will make for a less sticky mixture.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"These did not turn out very well. I made it in a 9" pan instead of shaping into horseshoes. There was too much marshmallows and was very sticky. In the comments, it is called a Deluxe Rice Krispy treat - I am wondering if there should be Rice Krispies added to the recipe?"