This deluxe pretzel treat has a horseshoe shape...It's visual and different. Everyone seems to love the sweet-salty mixture!
Fort Collins, Colorado
28 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 5 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Place two 5-in.-diameter bowls upside down in the center of two 9-in.
- round pans; coat bowls and pans with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt marshmallows and butter on high
- for 1 minute. Stir in pretzels. Quickly add chips; stir gently until
- coated. Divide mixture in half. Press one portion evenly into one
- prepared pan. Shape into a horseshoe by forming mixture around bowl,
- leaving a 4-in. opening at one end. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove bowls. Run a knife around edges of pans to loosen. Invert each
- onto a serving platter. Reshape horseshoes by gently spreading sides
- apart to elongate if necessary. Cool completely. Yield: 2 horseshoes
- (14 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 154 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.