- 2 cups crushed pretzels, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, toss 1-1/2 cups pretzels with sugar and melted butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread half of the mixture over pretzel layer. Top with pie filling; spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining pretzels. Refrigerate, covered, overnight before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pretzel Dessert
"I love this recipe. It's my 'go to' for pot luck functions. The crust sticks because the butter solidifies after it has been refrigerated. You could use parchment or waxed paper to lift the dessert out of the pan it's made in if you'd like. I no longer make this dish in multiple layers. First I put in the pretzels, then the cream cheese mix and add the cherry pie filling on top. No one has noticed; they just want to eat it!! Feel free to add a drop or 2 of almond extract to the cream cheese mixture. It really enhances the flavor."
"Question? I have made this a lot. Its great. Does anyone have trouble with the crust sticking? Hard to get out."
"Very straightforward recipe, no idea why some of the reviewers had questions. I made this with apple pie filling, added some cinnamon and drizzled on some caramel and a small bit of flaked sea salt. Nice refrigerated dessert. For the poster that wanted to put this recipe in a dessert glass, like a parfait, spoon fresh whipped cream , or cool whip in bottom, spoon on dessert and repeat with layers."
"Great summer recipe!"
"We thought it was delicious! The only thing I did was less sugar in the pretzel crust because I don't think it needs to be that sweet. I probably put in a big 1/4 cup."