Pretzel Dessert Recipe
Save both time and money with a big batch of this sweet and salty, creamy and crunchy treat. Any dessert that is left over is super the next day, too. —Rita Winterberger, Huson, Montana
- 2 cups crushed pretzels, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a large bowl, toss 1-1/2 cups pretzels with sugar and melted butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Spread half of the mixture over pretzel layer. Top with pie filling; spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining pretzels. Refrigerate, covered, overnight before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC