Save both time and money with a big batch of this sweet and salty, creamy and crunchy treat. Any dessert that is left over is super the next day, too. —Rita Winterberger, Huson, Montana
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, combine pretzels, sugar and butter; set aside 1/2
- cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in.
- In a large bowl, beat the whipped topping mix, milk and vanilla on
- high speed 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Add cream cheese and
- confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth.
- Spread half over crust. Top with pie filling and remaining cream
- cheese mixture. Sprinkle with reserved pretzel mixture. Refrigerate
- overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 301 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.