Pretzel Dessert Recipe
Save both time and money with a big batch of this sweet and salty, creamy and crunchy treat. Any dessert that is left over is super the next day, too. —Rita Winterberger, Huson, Montana
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a large bowl, combine pretzels, sugar and butter; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the whipped topping mix, milk and vanilla on high speed 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Add cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth.
- 3. Spread half over crust. Top with pie filling and remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with reserved pretzel mixture. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 301 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC