- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, mix pretzels, sugar and melted butter; reserve 1/2 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread half of the mixture over pretzel layer. Top with pie filling; spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with reserved pretzel mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight before serivng. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Pretzel Dessert
Sort By :
"I like your recipes, BUT I like to copy and paste them in word, so I can get two recipes on one page- Your ingredients come out in a mess??? Why is that?"
"Something better than zip-lock bags to crush pretzels, crackers, tortilla chips , etc. ForyearsI have been saving the bags from cereal boxes to crush pretzels, crackers, chips, etc. They are made of nylon and I don't remember every having the sharp edges poke through. You can use a rolling pin and get quick results. This pretzel dessert is a winner."
"The picture shows this dessert in dessert glasses. How would you prepare it to look like that?"
"I have always loved this recipe, however we use Cool Whip"
"We used strawberry pie filling since that was what we had on hand and made it in a trifle bowl...delicious!!! Brought it to a church picnic and every last bit of it was gone! Definitely a keeper!!!"