The first time I fixed this effortless main dish for guests, I received plenty of recipe requests. With their pretzel coating, these drumsticks seem to satisfy everyone’s appetites. I’m sure you’ll agree, they’re yummy! –Joann Frazier Hensley, McGaheysville, Virginia
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, cayenne and garlic powder. In
- another shallow bowl, combine the pretzels, pecans and pepper. Dip
- chicken in butter mixture, then roll in pretzel mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 180°, turning once. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 409 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.