Pretzel-Crusted Drumsticks Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, cayenne and garlic powder. In another shallow bowl, combine the pretzels, pecans and pepper. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then roll in pretzel mixture.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, turning once. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 409 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.