The first time I fixed this effortless main dish for guests, I received plenty of recipe requests. With their pretzel coating, these drumsticks seem to satisfy everyone’s appetites. I’m sure you’ll agree, they’re yummy! –Joann Frazier Hensley, McGaheysville, Virginia
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, cayenne and garlic powder. In another shallow bowl, combine the pretzels, pecans and pepper. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then roll in pretzel mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, turning once. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pretzel-Crusted Drumsticks in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pretzel-Crusted Drumsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review