Pretzel-Crusted Chicken with Mixed Greens Recipe
- 2 cups sourdough pretzel nuggets
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- Place pretzels in a food processor; process until finely crushed. Place pretzels and flour in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, garlic and pepper. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip both sides of chicken in flour, egg mixture and then pretzel crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and mustard. Remove 2 tablespoons to another bowl for dressing; whisk in remaining oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve with chicken and remaining mayonnaise mixture. Yield: 4 servings (2/3 cup sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pretzel-Crusted Chicken with Mixed Greens(14)
Sort By :
The chicken was excellent, and we loved the mayo/Dijon sauce for the chicken, but I did not care for the salad dressing and my husband thought it was okay. Not that it isn't a good dressing recipe, it just isn't our taste so much. We will definitely make the chicken again, though.
Really good chicken. Prefer the pretzels over bread crumbs any day. My 5 year old who needs to be bribed to finish any kind of meat ate a whole piece and actually requests this dish. Insted of Mayo, use Greek Yougurt.
Very good recipe, flavors all taste well together
This was pretty yummy! I was leary of the mayo sauce but it went well with the chicken. I used lite mayo since that's all we had, and it was fine.
The chicken smelled fantastic, but I found that frying it in the oil took away the flavor of the pretzels.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >