Pretzel-Crusted Catfish Recipe
I'm not a big fish lover, so any concoction that has me loving fish is a "keeper" in my books. This combination of flavors just works for me. It's wonderful served with a nice buttery herb rice pilaf and corn muffins with butter and honey! —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups honey mustard miniature pretzels, coarsely crushed
- Oil for frying
- Lemon slices, optional
- 1. Sprinkle catfish with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs, mustard and milk in a shallow bowl. Place flour and pretzels in separate shallow bowls. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with pretzels.
- 2. Heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375° in an electric skillet. Fry fillets, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon slices if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pretzel-Crusted Catfish
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2013
"Absolutely delicious! I've made this several times already:)"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC