I'm not a big fish lover, so any concoction that has me loving fish is a "keeper" in my books. This combination of flavors just works for me. It's wonderful served with a nice buttery herb rice pilaf and corn muffins with butter and honey! —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups honey mustard miniature pretzels, coarsely crushed
- Oil for frying
- Lemon slices, optional
- Sprinkle catfish with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs, mustard and
- milk in a shallow bowl. Place flour and pretzels in separate shallow
- bowls. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat
- with pretzels.
- Heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375° in an electric skillet. Fry fillets,
- a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon slices
- if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
reader says spicy brwon or honey mustard aslo works well in place of Dijon
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon