Pretzel-Crusted Catfish Bites Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups honey mustard miniature pretzels, finely crushed
- Oil for frying
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 1. Sprinkle catfish with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, mustard and milk. Place flour and crushed pretzels in separate shallow bowls. Dip fish in flour to coat all sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then in pretzels, patting to help coating adhere.
- 2. Heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375° in an electric skillet. Fry fish, a few pieces at a time, 1-2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 637 calories, 34 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 1,503 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.