Add some excitement to your next backyard barbecue with these deliciously different burgers. After one bite of the beef patties coated with pretzel crumbs, your guests will be asking for the recipe.Shirley Zembsch, Cherokee, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, tomato sauce, 1 cup pretzel
- crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties. Coat
- with remaining pretzel crumbs.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each
- side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 453 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 1,002 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.