Pretzel-Crusted Burgers Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, tomato sauce, 1 cup pretzel crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties. Coat with remaining pretzel crumbs.
- 2. Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 453 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 1,002 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.