Pretzel-Crusted Burgers Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, tomato sauce, 1 cup pretzel crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties. Coat with remaining pretzel crumbs.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pretzel-Crusted Burgers in Country Woman May/June 2005, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pretzel-Crusted Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2013
I tried out these burgers on my family, tonight. TOTAL HIT! They loved themand an't wait to have them again.