Pretzel Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar
- EGG WASH:
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and extracts. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Divide dough into fourths; shape each portion into a 6-in. roll. Cut rolls into 1/2-in. slices; roll each into a 10-in. rope. Shape into a pretzel; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine almonds and sugar. In another bowl, whisk egg and water. Brush each cookie with egg wash: sprinkle with almond mixture. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 89 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Pretzel Cookies
"These are very tasty! I made a 1/2 batch since there's only two of us at home. (The recipe calls for 2 eggs total, so I beat 1 egg in a cup, added 1.5 Tbsp. to the dough and reserved the rest for the egg wash.) The dough did start to soften and get sticky pretty quickly, so I would recommend working with one 6-inch portion at a time and keep the rest of the dough in the fridge until you're ready for it. I'll definitely be making these again!"