Pretty Stuffed Spring Peas Recipe
These stuffed peas are the perfect way to welcome spring and sail right through summer. I serve them on a platter surrounded by juicy strawberries. —Phyllis Cooper, Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 36 fresh snow peas (about 1/4 pound), trimmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Let filling stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add snow peas; cover and boil for 1-2 minutes. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. Gently split peas open; pipe about 1 teaspoonful of filling into each pod. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 23 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pretty Stuffed Spring Peas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC