Pretty Stuffed Spring Peas Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 36 fresh snow peas (about 1/4 pound), trimmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Let filling stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add snow peas; cover and boil for 1-2 minutes. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. Gently split peas open; pipe about 1 teaspoonful of filling into each pod. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 23 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pretty Stuffed Spring Peas
"These are a family favorite. They are lovely for a spring party. You can use just about any filling and seasonings you want to."
"What a neat idea. I made this exactly as is and it was great. It also did what all good recipes should do and gave me other ideas! I did the same thing with pimento cheese and peanut butter. Even mixed up whipped cream cheese and added drained crushed pineapple to it."
"beautifull light spring appetizer!!"