Pretty Strawberry Pizza Recipe
In this simply elegant dessert, a fresh strawberry topping covers a rich cream cheese filling. Guests of all ages will delight in slices of this eye-fetching finale.—Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and pecans. Pat onto a 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in whipped topping until blended. Spread over crust.
- 3. For topping, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- 4. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Place strawberries in a large bowl; add gelatin mixture and gently toss to coat. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 slices.
1 slice equals 451 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC