Pretty Pumpkin Wontons Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 40 wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, cheese and salt. Place 1 tablespoonful in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water; bring corners to center over filling and press edges together to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wontons in batches for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine dip ingredients. Serve with wontons. Yield: 40 wontons (1-1/2 cups dip).
Reviews for Pretty Pumpkin Wontons
Sort By :
"I made these at Thanksgiving they where great and the dip was great!"
"my husband is from italy and the pumpkin cappalacci is boiled and served w'ragu bolognese sauce.another regions boils them then sautes w/butter and,little ameretto and fresh sage.very delish and healthy."
"I have been making this recipe for a couple of years now and everyone loves this recipe. So simple, yet so tasty. The sauce really makes it!"
"I entertain all the time, and these were a huge hit! Easy and delicious, presentation is impressive!!!"
"I was really dissapointed with this recipe. My husband and I really love pumpkin, but found the actual wontons to be flavorless. The dip was really sweet... My suggestions would be to add some spice to the pumpkin mixture, and for the dip, cut down on the amount of preserves and confectioner's sugar.."