This is a sensational, easy recipe, great for an appetizer, snack or dessert. The flavors meld beautifully and everyone loves it. I made it up after having squash ravioli at a restaurant and I wanted to make my own twist on that idea. —Joni Hilton, Rocklin, California
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 40 wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, cheese and salt. Place 1 tablespoonful in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water; bring corners to center over filling and press edges together to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wontons in batches for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine dip ingredients. Serve with wontons. Yield: 40 wontons (1-1/2 cups dip).
Originally published as Pretty Pumpkin Wontons in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p100
Reviews for Pretty Pumpkin Wontons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review