Pretty Pumpkin Cinnamon Buns Recipe
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the eggs, shortening, pumpkin, milk, sugars, pudding mixes, salt and 6 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into 12 slices. Place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 22-28 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the water, butter and cinnamon. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over buns. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pretty Pumpkin Cinnamon Buns
Sort By :
These rolls are delicious! I will definitely be making these over and over!
I have made these quite a few times and we love them. I agree with other reviewers that the pumpkin flavor does not really come through, but they are delicious, especially with a cream cheese frosting!
put a cream cheese frosting on them,,,, added touch.....
After reading so many wonderful reviews and looking at the recipe, I thought this would be a new favorite for me. Unfortunately it wasn't. I had the same problem as Jello jiggler, and tried baking it again another time, I just had huge, flavorless and dry rolls. It was such a tease to smell the pumpkin, sugar and spices and had that as a result.
If anyone knows why I went wrong, please speak up. Otherwise, this will be water under the bridge and I'll find something better.
These were delicious! The rolls were very soft and tender. You didn't really taste the pumpkin but it added a pretty coloring and made a lovely dough. These were pretty delicious and amazing!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinnamon Rolls >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Pumpkin Bread Recipes >