- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the eggs,
- shortening, pumpkin, milk, sugars, pudding mixes, salt and 6 cups
- flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a
- soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x
- 8-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and
- cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to
- seal. Cut each into 12 slices. Place cut side down in two greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about
- 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 22-28 minutes or until golden brown. In a small
- bowl, combine the water, butter and cinnamon. Add confectioners’
- sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over buns. Serve warm.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bun equals 379 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.