- 9 to 12 medium medium ripe red or purple plums (2 pounds), sliced
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 orange peel strip (1 to 3 inches)
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fancy cookies and additional whipped cream and plum slices, optional
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the plums, jelly, brown sugar, orange peel and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until plums are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Discard orange peel and cinnamon stick; coarsely mash plums. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat peaks form. Place about 1/4 cup plum mixture each in four chilled parfait glasses; top with 1/4 cup whipped cream. Repeat layers. Top with remaining plum mixture. Garnish with a cookie, dollop of whipped cream and plum slice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pretty Plum Parfaits in Country Woman July/August 2000, p29
Reviews for Pretty Plum Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >