- 5 medium red potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. slices; cut each slice into four pieces. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, place beans in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain potatoes and beans.
- In a large bowl, combine the red pepper, corn, celery, carrot, onions and cheese. Add potatoes and beans. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pretty Picnic Salad
Sort By :
"I loved this salad. I served it with barbecued ribs. The leftovers were even better."
"I made this for a lunch meeting and almost everyone-including the men-asked for the recipe. I couldn't get fresh thyme so substituted 1 tsp. dry thyme (leaves) and I cut the red bell pepper in julienne strips about 2" long. Lovely, tasty salad!!! (Oh, and I used half Extra Virgin Olive Oil and half Light Olive Oil.)"