Pretty Pear Salad
Sweetened cream cheese is a simple and satisfying way to dress up canned pears. Plus, they look so pretty on the table. For a different twist, you can use canned peaches in place of the pears.—Barb Marshall, Pickerington, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (one 16 ounces, one 29 ounces) pear halves
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved
- Drain the pear halves, reserving 1 tablespoon of syrup. In a small
- bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and reserved syrup until smooth.
- Fill pear halves; top with grapes. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 230 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.