This pretty kuchen makes an eye-appealing first impression and a tasty second impression. I usually make this with fresh peaches, but other fruits work well too, such as blueberries and sliced apples.—Angela Lott, Neshanic Station, New Jersey
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup peach or apricot preserves
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and lemon peel; beat well. Gradually add flour, beating just until mixture forms a ball. Flatten into a 6-inch disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Arrange peach slices over crust to within 1 inch of edges. Microwave preserves for 30 seconds; brush over peaches. Bake 10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide kuchen onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peach Kuchen in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p71
Reviews for Pretty Peach Kuchen
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review