- 8 medium peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 small unpeeled navel orange, cut into wedges
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 2 packages (1-3/4 ounces each) powdered fruit pectin
- 10 cups sugar
- Rinse thirteen 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- In a blender or food processor, cover and process fruits and cherry juice in batches until smooth. Transfer to a large stockpot; stir in pectin and bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Add sugar and return to a rolling boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers. Immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 13 cups.
Reviews for Pretty Peach Jam
"Made this today w/variations: used zest only of the orange then pureed it w/the orange and cherries. I left the crushed pineapple and peach wedges as is for a more chunky, jam-like product. I added a couple whacks of butter at the final boil to reduce foaming. Water bath canned at 10 minutes. It is so gorgeous and tastes of Summer!! Will be making this again!!"
"I just made this jam, and I use exactly what the recipe called for. It was very easy to prepare, and was already jelling before I got all the liquid in my containers. I tasted the jam, when it had cooled, and it was delicious. If you are looking for a very easy freezer jam recipe for peaches, I recommend this recipe."
"I am going to make this recipe this season but I am wanting to can it. I live at 2,000 ft so I always add to my hot water baths but now I am concerned about making this and it not remaining good and am wondering if I should use my pressure cooker. Can anyone give me some good advice?"
"Yes. I canned mine in a hot water bath. no problems."
"I love this combination of flavors. It's probably my favorite of the peach jam recipes I made last fall."