"This has been a favorite jam in my family for as long as I can remember," relates Theresa Beckman of Inwood, Iowa. "It's a delicious medley of fruits, including peaches, cherries, pineapple and orange."
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 small unpeeled navel orange, cut into wedges
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 2 packages (1-3/4 ounces each) powdered fruit pectin
- 10 cups sugar
- Rinse thirteen 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- In a blender or food processor, cover and process fruits and cherry juice in batches until smooth. Transfer to a large stockpot; stir in pectin and bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Add sugar and return to a rolling boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers. Immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 13 cups.
Originally published as Pretty Peach Jam in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p22
Reviews for Pretty Peach Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review