Pretty Layered Salad
A salad like this one is an appealing accompaniment to almost any dinner. You can change the mix of ingredients to include layers of your favorites. I like the tangy vinaigrette dressing with it, but ranch and other types are also very good.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, layer the spinach, bacon, carrot, eggs, romaine, red
- pepper, croutons and Parmesan cheese. In a jar with a tight-fitting
- lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Serve with salad.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 192 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium,