- 5 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, layer the spinach, bacon, carrot, eggs, romaine, red pepper, croutons and Parmesan cheese. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Serve with salad. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pretty Layered Salad
Sort By :
"Tasted great! Next time I make the dish will use more Parmesan."
"I'm not quite sure WHY you would layer this if you have to toss it with the dressing right away to serve?? I did not layer, only used spinach and didn't add water (doubled the oil)for the dressing. It is a good salad and the dressing works well with it."