Pretty Ham Primavera Recipe
Give leftover ham a face-lift in this tasty pasta dish that mixes up in a wink. The mild cream sauce gets fresh flavor from sauteed mushrooms and a boost of color from frozen peas. —Joan Laurenzo, Johnstown, Ohio
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, Italian seasoning, bouillon, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the spaghetti, ham and peas; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pretty Ham Primavera in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p34
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pretty Ham Primavera(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
Have used this recipe for several years now.
Most everyone likes this dish. I sometime substitute another vegetable for the peas.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >