Plan ahead to slice party-perfect appetizers from these zippy rolls. They're easy to assemble and sure to be hit when you present a pretty plateful at any gathering.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup shredded peeled tart apples
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, garlic, curry and mustard until blended. Stir in apple. Spread about 2 tablespoons over each tortilla. Layer with the red pepper, onions and ham.
- Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1-in. slices. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pretty Ham Pinwheels in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p10
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pretty Ham Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2011
"I made these for an anniversary party a month ago and while the sandwiches were tasty, they were very, very tiny. They were not the size as pictured."