Pretty Granola Treats Recipe
"With chocolate chips, pecans, coconut and oats, these unforgettable chewy granola treats are enjoyed by adults and children alike," assures Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas.
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 32 pecan halves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients and set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and honey; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over the oat mixture and mix well. Fill greased miniature muffin cups with 1 tablespoon of oat mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes; run a knife around edges before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Melt chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Dip bottoms of granola treats into chocolate. Place on waxed paper with chocolate side up; top each with a pecan half. Let stand until hardened. Yield: 32 servings.
1 each: 107 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Pretty Granola Treats
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2010
"Those are super cute! Thanks for sharing! =) "
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC