Pretty Granola Treats Recipe
"With chocolate chips, pecans, coconut and oats, these unforgettable chewy granola treats are enjoyed by adults and children alike," assures Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas.
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 32 pecan halves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients and set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and honey; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over the oat mixture and mix well. Fill greased miniature muffin cups with 1 tablespoon of oat mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes; run a knife around edges before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Melt chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Dip bottoms of granola treats into chocolate. Place on waxed paper with chocolate side up; top each with a pecan half. Let stand until hardened. Yield: 32 servings.
1 each: 107 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Pretty Granola Treats
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2010
"Those are super cute! Thanks for sharing! =) "
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC