Pretty Duchess Potatoes
Great comfort-food flavor—and in such an attractive package! —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Over very low heat, stir potatoes 1-2 minutes or until steam
- has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Press through a potato ricer or strainer
- into a large bowl. Stir in the egg yolks, milk, butter, salt, pepper
- and nutmeg.
- Using a pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag and a large
- star tip, pipe potatoes into six mounds on a parchment paper-lined
- baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg. Bake 20-25 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 158 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium,