Pretty Duchess Potatoes Recipe
Great comfort-food flavor—and in such an attractive package! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Over very low heat, stir potatoes 1-2 minutes or until steam has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. Press through a potato ricer or strainer into a large bowl. Stir in the egg yolks, milk, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 3. Using a pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag and a large star tip, pipe potatoes into six mounds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 158 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Pretty Duchess Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC