- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Over very low heat, stir potatoes 1-2 minutes or until steam has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Press through a potato ricer or strainer into a large bowl. Stir in the egg yolks, milk, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Using a pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag and a large star tip, pipe potatoes into six mounds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pretty Duchess Potatoes
Sort By :
The first time I made this, I was out of nutmeg so made do without. My family really liked it, even my daughter who hates potatoes. When I made it again with the nutmeg, we didn't care for it, so we will omit that from now on. Be sure to get all the lumps out or it will clog the pastry bag. It takes some work, so I will keep this for special occasions.