Pretty Autumn Soup Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place the squash, sweet potato and carrots in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 12-16 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor; add juice concentrate. Cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Transfer to a large saucepan; stir in the milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through (do not boil). Top each serving with 1-1/2 teaspoons sour cream, 1 teaspoon chives and 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 166 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat-free milk.