- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place the squash, sweet potato and carrots in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 12-16 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor; add juice concentrate. Cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a large saucepan; stir in the milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through (do not boil). Top each serving with 1-1/2 teaspoons sour cream, 1 teaspoon chives and 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pretty Autumn Soup
Sort By :
""Very tasty" says my husband. Served with a salad and had a great vegetarian meal."
"I served Pretty Autumn Soup tonight. It was a very simple meal to make on a chilly fall night. I had more butternut squash therefore I increased the skim milk and OJ concentrate.I added lean cooked turkey bacon pieces and topped with chopped garden onions instead of chives, and no sesame seeds. Family said this soup was a keeper."
"Delicious and low in salt, even lower if you use salt substitute. Thanks for sharing!"
"I substituted reduced fat chicken broth for the milk. I am on Weight Watchers and that cut the points in half."
"super easy to make with GREAT flavor.made for Christmas dinner and was a big hit with everyone.will definitely make this again!(especially since all the veggies needed are available year-round)"