Pretty Almond Green Beans Recipe
“The traditional flavors of green beans, mushrooms and onions without the calories of traditional green-bean casseroles! This dish is light, festive and easy to put together. It's become a holiday tradition at our house.” Vikki Peck - Poland, Ohio
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the pepper, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Drain beans; stir into vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 78 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pretty Almond Green Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC