Pretty Almond Green Beans
“The traditional flavors of green beans, mushrooms and onions without the calories of traditional green-bean casseroles! This dish is light, festive and easy to put together. It's become a holiday tradition at our house.” Vikki Peck - Poland, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the pepper, mushrooms
- and onion in oil until tender. Drain beans; stir into vegetable
- mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 78 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.