Presto Stew & Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) fat-free beef gravy
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, gravy, vegetables, marjoram and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the water, milk, butter, garlic powder and pepper just to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in potato flakes and parsley. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve with stew. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 368 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 751mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.