Presto Paprika Chicken Recipe
On busy evenings, Gloria Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin, wings it for dinner. “The mild, paprika-spiced sauce nicely coats the rotisserie chicken and noodles,” she adds.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cut into serving-size pieces
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add the broth, paprika and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream. Add chicken; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Presto Paprika Chicken in Country Woman December/January 2008, p40
Reviews for Presto Paprika Chicken(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2014
Made a few changes which made it just right: doubled the sauce, and added the noodles to the sauce & chicken so they'd stay hot. Otherwise a delicious dish!
More Recipe Collections
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >