Presto Chocolate Dessert Dip Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit and/or cubed angel food cake
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, honey, cocoa and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with fruit and/or cake. Yield: 1/2 cup.
1/4 cup: 121 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Presto Chocolate Dessert Dip
"I used dairy-free sour cream for allergy reasons and thought this turned out good. It isn't very sweet, but paired nicely with angel food cake, maraschino cherries and strawberries. Next time I'm going to try it with the Hershey's Special Dark cocoa and agave nectar instead of honey."
"Added about a tsp of Splenda and it was great with sliced bananas"
"I saw this and was really excited to try it. Unfortunately it was a huge let down. Very bitter and tangy."
"quick and easy but mix it all together carefully so it won't make a mess... it tastes pretty good."
"We are big chocolate lovers. I just whipped this up, using regular sour cream. It took a bit to get used to the taste. It is tangy & not too sweet, which is nice. I think it would be a great match with angelfood or almond pound cake. I'm going to let it meld for a bit and try it again with banana slices :)"